Deal With Your Foot Pain
WHAT CAUSES ARCH PAIN?
Foot pain in the arch is primarily caused by wearing shoes with inadequate support, standing or walking for long periods of time, or overuse of the feet during work or sports. Being overweight also places additional stress on the feet, especially the arches.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ---
Determining your arch height is important for ensuring your overall foot health, especially when it comes to choosing the right footwear and insoles. Luckily, there is an easy way figure out if you have high arches or flat feet. It's called the “wet test.”
The "wet test" is as simple as stepping out of a shower or tub onto a surface that will take an imprint of your foot. A piece of heavy paper or a cardboard box works well. Compare your footprints to the chart below.
If you have flat feet, take the extra step to look at your arches in an unweighted position. The easiest way is to sit down and put your ankle on the opposite knee.
- If your feet are flat sitting and standing, a low arch insole will be best for you.
- If your feet are flat standing, but you can see an arch when you sit, a medium arch will be most comfortable.
ARCH HEIGHT CHART
What does your footprint look like?
|Describe your arch||Your best insole arch height|
|My arch is flat when I sit or stand.||Low arch height insole|
|My arch is flat when I stand but appears when I sit.||Medium arch height insole|
|My arch is close to but does not touch the ground when I stand.||Medium arch height insole|
|My arch is high off the ground when I stand.||High arch height insole|
|No one has an arch higher than mine!||
Extra high arch height insole
What are Arch Supports?
Arch supports are inserts that are placed into a shoe and help to provide the arch of your foot support. An arch support helps to eliminate or diminish the feeling of pain that may be caused by common foot problems. In addition, an arch support provides many benefits to your overall body health.
Importance of Arch Supports
Many people experience foot pain at some point in their lives. Not to mention, most already suffer from common foot problems but can easily benefit from the use of arch supports. Did you ask, “How?” Arch supports help to lessen your foot pain and make walking and standing much more comfortable. So much that they help distribute pressure across your arches, provide stability and balance, provide support, and lessen foot pain. So, keep reading to learn about the benefits of arch supports, types of arch supports, and where to shop the best arch supports for your induvial needs.
How do arch supports help me?
For people already suffering from chronic conditions of the feet or persistent pain, arch supports can help alleviate symptoms and assist in recovery. Supporting the arch can have some of the following important benefits. Below, we will explain in detail the benefits of arch supports.
Benefits of wearing arch supports:
- Arch supports help distribute pressure. Arch evenly distribute pressure across your feet and align your body.
- Provide stability and balance. Arch supports are a great source for balance and support. They can help improve your posture and balance which can help lessen foot pain and problems related to imbalance and a lack of proper support.
- Arch supports provide support. For those who require specialized support, their feet ailments may demand that they use artificial supports. These can help to alleviate pain and/or prevent further damage. This might be especially beneficial for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis.
- Lessen or prevent pain. Arch supports can help lessen your foot pain. Foot pain can not only cause discomfort but make it difficult to go about your day and handling important duties. However, in cases where it’s still possible, it may still be quite painful for you.
- Arch supports prevent your arches from harm. Not only can arch supports help alleviate pain but they also provide support to your arches which prevent them from collapsing. Once thy collapse, often the plantar fasciitis stretches out which could lead to painful foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis.